Dr. Thomas Varsamidis
Thomas Varsamidis is a lecturer at Athens Tech College. He started his academic career as a lecturer in Computer Science at the University of Wales in the UK where he worked in the area of information modelling and received funding for research initiatives from a number of sources, including the UK Department of Transport and Technology. Upon his return to Athens he worked for a number of years in the insurance industry, organising and overviewing the development of software systems and assisting businesses in their agile transformation processes. He currently delivers computer science modules at Ath/Tech and also participates in software development training as as well as in ICT training. He is a permanent reviewer for the Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research.
Thomas supervises student projects at undergraduate and postgraduate level. His student projects are powered by a variety of data sources, including public-domain data sources such as the Alpha Vantage Stock API.
Dr. Thomas Varsamidis
Dr. Thomas Varsamidis
- T.Kirkham, J.Gallop, T.Varsamidis. Using User Driven Dynamic Grid Services and Temporary Virtual Organisations to integrate new users and old systems in e-science facilities. Proc. eChallenges 2007, The Hague, October 2007.
- A. Wainwright, T. Varsamidis. A 3D Visualization Environment to Model the evolution of North-West Europe since the Last Glacial Maximum. 25th Conference on Theory and Practice of Computer Graphics TPCG07, Bangor, June 2007.
- T.Kirkham, T.Varsamidis, J.Gallop, M.D.Wilson. A framework to provide eBusiness support for African SMEs, Proc. IST AFRICA 2007, Maputo, May 2007.
- T. Kirkham, T.Varsamidis. Supporting E-Business integration in North Wales. Proc. eChallenges 2006 Conference, Barcelona, October 2006.
- T.Kirkham, T.Varsamidis. A business service network to aid collaboration between small to medium enterprises. Proc. 8th IEEE International Conference on Enterprise Computing, E-Commerce, and E-Services, San Francisco, June 2006.
- A. Bristol, T. Varsamidis. Real-Time Modelling of the Action of Wind on Liquid Surfaces. 24th Conference on Theory and Practice of Computer Graphics TPCG06, Middlesbrough, June 2006.
- T.Kirkham , D.Mac Randal, B.Ritchie, I.Johnson, J.Gallop, T.Varsamidis. Providing location sensitive e-business integration for the small to medium enterprise. 15th IEEE International Workshops on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructures for Collaborative Enterprises (WETICE-2006), Manchester, June 2006.
- T. Kirkham, T.Varsamidis. Migrating Business Data Integration Framework Service, 8th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, TCoB06, Paphos, May 2006.
- T. Kirkham, T. Varsamidis. Introducing BDIFS: a new approach in business-to-business data integration and collaboration for the SME. EEE’05 – 2005 International Conference on e-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, e-Government, and Outsourcing, Las Vegas, June 2005.
- T. Varsamidis, R. G. Edwards. An XML-based data exchange architecture for CACE. 15th IFAC World Congress on Automatic Control, Barcelona, July 2002.
- T.Varsamidis, C.P.Jobling, S.Hope. Use of a Prototype CACE Integration Framework based on the Unified Information Model. IEEE Symposium on Computer-Aided Control Engineering, CACSD’99. Hawaii, USA, August 1999.
- T.Varsamidis, C.P.Jobling, S.Hope. Implementation issues of a UIM-based CACE Integration Environment. IEEE Symposium on Computer-Aided Control Engineering, CACSD’99. Hawaii, USA, August 1999.
- T.Varsamidis, C.P.Jobling, S.Hope. Towards a Repository Service for Computer-Aided Control Engineering. 7th IFAC Symposium on Computer-Aided Control Engineering, CACSD’97. Gent, Belgium, April 1997.
- T.Varsamidis, S.Hope, C.P.Jobling. An Object-Oriented Information Model for Computer-Aided Control Engineering. Control Engineering Practice Journal. v.4, n.7, pp.929-937, July 1996.
- T.Varsamidis, S.Hope, C.P.Jobling. Integration Using a Unified Model for CACSD. IEE Colloquium on Advances in CACSD. Sheffield, UK, March 1996.
- S.Hope, T.Varsamidis, C.P.Jobling, Information Repository Services for CAD, IASTED International Conference on Applied Informatics. Innsbruck, Austria, February 1995.
- T.Varsamidis, S.Hope, C.P.Jobling. Information Management for control system Designers. IEE International Conference on Control’94. pp.13-17, Coventry, UK, March 1994 .
- T.Varsamidis, S.Hope, C.P.Jobling. A Unified Information Model for Computer-Aided Control Engineering. Proc. of the IEEE/IFAC Joint Symposium on Computer-Aided Control System Design, CACSD’94. Tucson, AZ, March 1994.
Dr. T. Vardamidis supervises student projects at undergraduate and postgraduate level. His student projects are powered by a variety of data sources, including public-domain data sources such as the Alpha Vantage Stock API.