Dr. Vasileios Gkamas
Dr. Vasileios Gkamas obtained his Diploma of Information and Communication Systems Engineer from University of Aegean, Greece, in 2004 and his MSc in Integrated Hardware and Software Systems and PhD in Computer Science from the Department of Computer Engineering and Informatics, University of Patras, in 2007 and 2015 respectively. Since 2006, he is with the Greek School Network and Networking Technologies Directorate of Computer Technology Institute and Press “Diophantus” participating in numerous National and European projects at the area of large-scale high-speed networks, educational e-services and e-infrastructures. Today, he is also an Adjunct Lecturer at University of West Attica, Department of Informatics and Computer Engineering.
For the period 2007-2011 and 2013 he was also an adjunct lecturer at the Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece, teaching various ICT lessons. In addition, during the period 2017-2018 he was an adjunct lecturer at Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies. He has published papers in well-known refereed books, international conferences and journals. His research interests fail at the area of optical networks, distributed systems and e-learning technologies.
Dr. Vasileios Gkamas
University of Patras, 2015
University of Patras, 2007
University of Aegean, 2004
Dr. Vasileios Gkamas
- 2013 – today: IT Project Manager/Consultant at Computer Technology Institute and Press «Diophantus»
- 2012: IT Project Manager Assistant at Computer Technology Institute and Press «Diophantus»
- 2006 – 2011: Network and System Engineer at Computer Technology Institute and Press «Diophantus»
2007-2011, 2013, 2016-today: Adjunct Lecturer at Higher Education Institutes (Athens University of Economics and Business, University of West Attica, Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece). Lessons delivered at the area of ICT:
- Introduction to Informatics
- Computer Networks
- Broadband Networks
- Advanced Networking Technologies
- Computer Programming
- Database Management Systems
- Gkamas, P. Kokkinos, E. Varvarigos, “QoS and Energy Saving Routing and MAC Mechanisms for Wireless Networks”, Wireless Network Traffic and Quality of Service Support: Trends and Standards, IGI.
Publications in International Journals
- Gkamas, K. Christodoulopoulos, E. Varvarigos, “A joint multi-layer planning algorithm for IP over flexible optical networks”, Journal of Lightwave Technology, 33(14), pp. 2965-2977, 2015.
- Gkamas, K. Christodoulopoulos, D. J. Vergados, E. Varvarigos, “Energy-minimized design of IP over flexible optical networks”, International Journal of Communication Systems, 2015.
- Kalochristianakis, F. Georgatos, V. Gkamas, G. Kouretis, E. Varvarigos “Deploying LiveWN grids in the Greek school network”, Journal of Grid Computing, 10(2), pp. 237-248, 2012.
- Georgatos, V. Gkamas, A. Ilias, G. Kouretis, E. Varvarigos, “A Grid-enabled CPU scavenging architecture and a case study of its use in the Greek School Network”, Journal of Grid Computing, 8(1), pp. 61-75, 2010.
- Varvarigos, V. Gkamas, N. Karagiorgas, “The Slow Start Power Controlled MAC Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks and its Performance Analysis”, Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier 7(6), pp 1136-1149, 2009.
- Christodoulopoulos, V. Gkamas, E. Varvarigos, “Statistical Analysis and Modeling of jobs in a Grid Environment”, Journal of Grid Computing 6(1), pp. 77-101, 2008.
Publications in refereed International Conferences
- Perikos, V. Gkamas, T. Zarouchas, M. Paraskevas, “Educational capabilities of a novel teleconference service integrated into the Greek school community”, 20th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics, 2016.
- Gkamas, A. Koutoumanos, K. Alexandris, E. Megalou, M. Paraskevas, C. Kaklamanis, “Integrating the Kaltura Video Platform with the Dspace-based Photodentro Video Repository: a Case Study”, 19th IEEE International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, 2016.
- Gkamas, Μ. Paraskevas, E. Varvarigos, “Design of a secure BYOD policy for the Greek School Network: a case study”, 19th IEEE International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, 2016.
- Megalou, V. Gkamas, S. Papadimitriou, M. Paraskevas, Ch. Kaklamanis, “Open Educational Practices: Motivating Teachers to use and reuse Open Educational Resources”, International Conference on Education and New Developments, 2016.
- Gkamas, K. Christodoulopoulos, E. Varvarigos, “Energy-Aware Multi-layer Flexible Optical Network Operation”, 23rd International Conference on Software Telecommunications and Computer Networks, 2015.
- Gkamas, K. Christodoulopoulos, E. Varvarigos, A comparison study of joint and sequential multi-layer planning for IP over flexible optical networks, Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition 2015.
- Kalochristianakis, V. Gkamas, G. Mylonas, S. Nikoletseas, E. Varvarigos, J. Rolim, “An Open and Integrated Management Platform for Wireless Sensor Networks”, 9th International Symposium on Autonomous Decentralized Systems, ISADS, pp. 1-6, March 2009.
- Kalochristianakis, V. Gkamas, G. Mylonas, S. Nikoletseas, J. Rolim, E. Varvarigos, “The Design of an Open and Integrated Sensor Network Management Platform”, 11th Asia-Pacific Network Operations and Management Symposium, pp. 495-498, 2008.
- Christodoulopoulos, V. Gkamas, E. Varvarigos, “Delay Components of Job Processing in a Grid: Statistical Analysis and Modeling”, 3rd International Conference on Networking and Services, pp. 23-31, 2007.
- Gkamas, E. Varvarigos, “A Slow Start Power Control MAC Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, IEEE 17th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, pp. 1-6, 2006.